How to Accessorize an Outfit
Accessorizing your outfit is a fun and exciting way to showcase your personality while showing off your unique style and accessories. Whether you’re looking for tips on how to accessorize your look with some new cute earrings or the classic necklace that was handed down to you from Grandma, there are plenty of thoughtful ways you can spice up your outfit.
1. Understanding the Basic Fashion Accessories — When you think of accessories, you might think of jewelry and belts, but did you know that cute women’s shoes are also considered accessories? While you may only wear earrings or silk scrunchies every once in a while. Get shoes that are comfortable and fun to wear so that you’ll enjoy wearing them, and once you know what shoes to wear, picking out the rest of your accessories, like handbags and scarves, will feel like a breeze.
2. Think About What You’re Wearing — You’ll want to take a look at what you’re wearing and how the accessories will add to your outfit. The accessories you wear can transform an outfit, taking it from your Monday morning office look to your post-workday happy hour. While you may wear a little black dress with a blazer and flats at work, you can switch to stilettos and statement earrings for your evening out. We recommend curating a few staple accessories that can take you from day to night to transform your look in an instant.
3. Choosing Your Statement Accessory — You don’t need to wear many accessories to complete your look. Accessories are meant to add to your outfit, not to overwhelm your entire look, and if you wear too many accessories, your outfit can easily become weighed down by too many pieces. Choose one statement accessory, like a signature scarf or pendant earrings, to be the piece that your outfit highlights. To compliment your statement piece, add a few understated accessories like a chain bracelet or gold ring to finish your look.
4. Considering Colors and Patterns for the Season — Depending on the season, you may want to change the colors and patterns of accessories you wear. During the Winter, you’ll likely be wearing knit beanies and cozy gloves to help keep you warm. Dark and rich jewel-tone colors, such as emerald and sapphire, are popular during the cooler Winter months. Once Spring and Summer come around, you’ll see more pastels and fun prints like paisley and flowers.
5. Mix and Match Accessories — Your accessories don’t all have to match! Instead, you can be more fashion-forward by mixing and matching different metals to see which ones complement one another, such as gold and silver jewelry.
With these helpful and easy to implement tips in mind, you’re well on your way to becoming a fashionable Avaraista. If you need more inspiration on how to dress up or accessorize your look, be sure to check out our handy new wardrobe ideas guide.