6 Ways to Style Wide-Leg Denim Pants
If there’s anything we know about fashion, it’s that some trends come and go while others stand the test of time. One fashion trend that has become a fashion staple in the past few decades is wide-leg denim pants. These stylish jeans are versatile enough to fit into the capsule wardrobe of a contemporary minimalist yet fashionable enough to soothe the heart of any nostalgic vintage shopper. From unexpected combinations to classic pairings, let’s check out six different ways to style wide-leg denim pants.
1. Effortless Elegance with a Flowy Blouse — Pair wide-leg denim pants with a flowy blouse in a soft, pastel color. Tuck in the blouse for a more polished look, or leave it loose for a laid-back vibe. Accessorize the look with a pair of neutral block-heeled shoes and delicate gold jewelry for a touch of sophistication.Pair Them with a Chic Top
2. Monochromatic Magic — Create a modern and sleek look by getting into monochromatic magic. Try wide-leg denim in a darker shade and pair it with a matching denim jacket or a tailored blazer in a similar color. Add a cream camisole or white shirt underneath for an understated contrast. Complete your ensemble with white sneakers for an off-duty weekend look..
3. Bohemian Bliss with a Knit Sweater — Embrace boho-chic style by teaming wide-leg denim pants with a knit sweater. Try knit sweaters in soft neutrals or earthy tones. Accessorize your outfit with a fringe bang, ankle boots, and a wide-brimmed hat. If you love the knit sweater and wide-leg denim pants combo, take a look at all of our chic bottoms. You’ll find even more ways to pair up the cozy knit top.
4. Tailored Sophistication — Fashion influencer Fashion House Mom shared that one of the best tops to wear with wide-leg jeans is a button-down shirt. If you’re looking for a sophisticated way to dress up your wide-leg denim pants, pair your jeans with a button-down that can be tucked in or one that is more fitted. Then, add on a fitted blazer in a coordinating color. You can finish the look with pointed-toe heels and layered gold jewelry for a powerful, office-ready ensemble.
5. Casually Cool with a Graphic Tee — Get a relaxed, off-duty look by pairing your wide-leg denim pants with a graphic tee. It can be a modern graphic tee with your favorite band or a fun saying on it, or it can be a vintage-inspired graphic tee with an old-school design. For that effortlessly cool vibe, half-tuck the tee into your jeans and then throw on a denim jacket for an extra layer of style. Complete your look with a cute pair of boots.
6. Add Statement Accessories and Heels — Make a bold statement by wearing dark-wash wide-leg denim with a crisp white shirt. Your accessories will be the focal point of this look. Try oversized hoop earrings, or a statement belt looped through the jeans. A vibrant clutch with detailing can showcase your fashion-forward side. Turn this into a date night look by wearing strappy stiletto heels. If you’re looking for more of a cute work-to-weekend look, put on a delicate gold bracelet and matching simple gold ring with your wide-leg denim pants.Explore All of Our Chic Pants
Now that you know some different ways to style wide-leg denim pants, you might be wondering how exactly these jeans should fit. If you’re worried about shopping for jeans online, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Check out our guide to answer the question, “How should jeans fit?” and you’ll find all the tips and tricks to style with confidence and elegance. Don’t forget to pair your new wide-leg denim with a chic top!