6 Fun Back-to-School Outfit Ideas
Summer break is coming to an end, and the bustling halls of academia await you once again. Hit the campus in style and confidence with a fresh wardrobe. We have six different fun back-to-school outfit ideas that range from casually chic to effortlessly cool.
1. Casual Chic — Some days, you’re just going to be way too busy to put on a very detailed outfit. In between studying, going from class to class, and all of your after-school activities, you have a lot going on. You need an outfit that can keep up with your busy schedule. For a casual chic look, pair a graphic tee with a denim jacket, high-waisted jeans, and white sneakers. Complete the look with layered necklaces and a crossbody bag or your backpack if you need to carry books. If you love the idea of a casual white tee or graphic tee, take a look at our cute tops for women for more inspiration.
2. Bohemian Floral — Florals aren’t only for Spring. Give your back-to-school look a bohemian twist. According to Cosmopolitan, while a bohemian style outfit is most associated with the counterculture in the 1960s and 70s, there are plenty of ways to give your outfit a bohemian vibe with modern pieces. Wear a flowy floral print maxi dress with autumn flowers or Fall colors like mustard, dark green, and brown. Pair your dress with ankle boots, a wide-brimmed hat, and a set of bangle bracelets. You can add on more bohemian details like a bag with fringe detail or a statement ring with a crystal or jewel.
3. Athleisure — For total comfort and for a look that can take you from the classroom to the gym, wear something athleisure. Try an oversized hoodie with high-waisted leggings or bike shorts with your workout sneakers, a baseball cap, and a fanny pack. When you’re getting around campus, put on your sporty sunglasses.
4. Sophisticated — Maybe you have an important event at school, or maybe you just want to dress up on your first day back to school. To make a head-turning first impression that’s cool yet effortlessly sophisticated, pair a white button-up shirt with a mini skirt and a pair of cute boots. Accessorize your outfit with a leather watch, stud earrings, and a tote bag.
5. Edgy — An edgy back-to-school outfit is perfect for the woman who wants to channel her inner rebel with or without a cause. Begin with a graphic tee and black skinny jeans, and throw on a leather or faux leather jacket that pairs perfectly with stylish jeans and booties. If leather jackets just aren’t your thing, swap out the leather jacket for a denim jacket instead. Finish off your look with a chainnecklace and a studded bag.
6. Retro Twist — You’d be surprised by the way you can turn any modern outfit into one with a bit of a retro twist. Try a colorful blouse with a long skirt, add some cute sneakers, and put your hair up in a bun. After all, any retro look looks great with a stylish skirt and updo. Accessorize with fun sunglasses and earrings. You can really home in on the retro look with additional touches like a bright handbag and a hairpin in your hair.
By mixing and matching any of these back-to-school outfits together, you’ll stand out from the crowd while staying comfortable through all of your classes. Ace your fashion game by elevating your look with our wide array of accessories. Play around with different accessories with each of these looks to see which style suits you best, and you might just find that you like switching it up more than you think. After all, variety is the spice of life, so why not add a little spice to your outfits this year? From delicate gold jewelry to stylish bags, the perfect accessory for your back-to-school look awaits!