6 Class Reunion Outfits That’ll Wow
Class reunions are a great opportunity to reconnect with old friends as you reminisce about cherished memories and create new ones together. If you haven’t been back to your high school or college in a while, visiting the old alma mater can stir up a mix of feelings. You might feel excited and nostalgic as well as just a bit nervous about who you’re going to talk to and what you’re going to wear. If you’re looking for a class reunion outfit that’s sure to impress, check out our list of six gorgeous class reunion outfits that’ll wow any former classmate when you walk into the room!
1. The Little Black Dress — There’s nothing quite like the timeless elegance of a little black dress. Pair your LBD with statement heels and a gold necklace for a touch of sophistication. To add some extra glamor, complete your look with a clutch and red lipstick. If you love the quintessential LBD, look at all of our beautiful dresses to find your next LBD or whatever style of dress you feel like rocking at your class reunion!
2. The Modern Jumpsuit — For a chic and contemporary look at your class reunion, wear a jumpsuit in a flattering silhouette. Rich jewel tones like emerald or sapphire are perfect for nighttime events, while bold colors like neon pink or soft pastels are ideal for daytime get-togethers. Accessorize with metallic accents and define your waist with a cinched belt. Finish off the look with sleek pumps and a crossbody bag.
3. Effortlessly Chic Jeans and Sweater — While a cohesive jumpsuit may be a quick and easy way to have your perfect class reunion outfit, you may want to switch it up and wear separates instead. Try the classic jeans and sweater combo, perfect for class reunions that are more casual like ones that take place in your high school auditorium or at the local bar. Depending on the weather, a sweater may feel and look too warm or heavy. You can substitute the sweater for one of our cute tops for women to find a chic blouse to pair with your denim. To dress up the look, wear a tailored blazer with your top and accessorize with delicate jewelry and pumps.
4. The Statement Skirt — Make a statement with a bold skirt, like a midi skirt, in an eye-catching print or vibrant color. You can pair the skirt with a neutral-toned blouse or sweater to help balance out the look. Complete your outfit with ankle booties or block heels.
5. The Blooming Set — According to AARP, one of the best pieces you can wear to a class reunion is one that will be an appropriate conversation starter. For an outfit that’s sure to bring in compliments, try anything with floral patterns. It could be anything from a floral-themed accessory like petal earrings or a floral-patterned top and skirt. Florals are a great way to embrace femininity, and they’re a lovely pattern choice for Spring or Summer reunions. Wear your hair in an updo or in loose waves to add on the charm.
6. Neutral Base and Accessories that Pop — As one last suggestion, wear a neutral base with unique accessories in bold colors or in fun textures to strike a balance between both. You can wear a monochromatic neutral-toned dress like an all-white or all-beige dress with embellished or neon accessories. Complete the look with accessories in a bold color, such as a bright pink crossbody, or wear it with a straw tote bag to add texture.
It’s safe to say that your wardrobe taste from back in the day has changed in the past few years. The key to picking your class reunion outfit is one that reflects your current personal style and one that will make you feel confident and comfortable. From attending a casual gathering to a more glamorous reunion event, we hope our style guide has inspired you to dress up or dress down however you see fit. For more inspiration, check out our brunch outfits that work just as well for a Sunday brunch with your girlfriends as they would for that Friday night class reunion in your high school gymnasium.