6 Graduation Outfits for Moms
Graduation ceremonies are just around the corner. It’s an exciting time for everybody, especially if you’re the graduate’s mom. When you want to look your best for all the meet and greets and photos that will last a lifetime, you’re also probably wondering what to wear to graduation. From the proud mom looking for an elegant graduation look to celebrate her child’s college graduation to the excited mom putting together a more laid-back look for her child just going off to college, we’ve made a list of graduation outfit ideas for moms and tips on how to style them.
1. Floral Dress — According to the Etiquette Scholar, dressing business casual is a safe choice for deciding what to wear to graduation. That means avoiding shorts, sneakers, and — as comfortable and stylish as it is — even athleisure wear. A comfortable and stylish choice for graduation, especially if it’s an indoor ceremony or a sunny day, would be a floral dress. You can pair your floral dress with matching floral shoes or balance out the look with a long-line coat in a neutral tone.
2. Wrap Dress — To style the wrap dress for graduation, add some chic jewelry, like a statement necklace or earrings. Try out different prints and patterns, like floral prints, if it’s a spring or summer graduation. Wrap dresses are a great option if you’re looking for a more formal choice for graduation. From the ceremony to a graduation party, these trendy dresses easily elevate your overall look.Shop Trendy Dresses for Graduation
3. Blouse and Skirt — Wearing a blouse and skirt to graduation is all about balancing out the look. If you’re wearing a flowy midi or maxi skirt, choose a more form-fitting blouse. Likewise, if you’re wearing a looser blouse like a peplum top or anything with puffy sleeves, wear a more form-fitting skirt such as an A-line or fitted skirt.
4. Blouse and Wide-Legged Trousers — To lengthen your look, pair your wide-legged trousers with cute shoes like block heels or espadrilles. Wide-legged trousers are a fashionable choice for graduation that look great with fitted blouses. Since these trousers tend to be more voluminous, balance out the look with a tucked-in blouse or a fitted tee with a blazer.
5. Layering with a Cardigan or Blazer — You never know what the weather will be like, so it’s important to know how to layer your outfit with a cardigan or blazer. If you’re wearing a blouse, you can wear it with either a fitted or oversized blazer depending on how thick or form-fitting your top is. Whereas blazers help add more structure to an ensemble, cardigans offer a softer and more delicate approach. With a dress, you can wear an open cardigan for a more laid-back look.
6. Adding Accessories to Your Look — Now that you have an idea of what to wear as your base outfit, it’s time to accessorize your look for graduation. If you’re looking for more tips on how to accessorize your outfit, check out our guide on how to accessorize. In general, accessories can add color or texture to your look and make it more visually appealing. If you’re looking for an easy way to add sophistication to any outfit, try adding pearls, delicate gold jewelry, or bracelets. Try any of our bangle bracelets or cuff bracelets to add a touch of sophistication to your look.Browse Our Bracelets: Perfect with Any Outfit
One day, your little one was just learning to walk, and now they’re a young adult making their mark on this world. Their graduation is a special occasion, and you want to make sure that when they capture every moment, you look and feel your best. That’s why Avara has plenty of special occasion outfits to help celebrate this unforgettable moment. It’s a big day, and we wish you and your family a happy graduation!